Just opened its doors in the Central/North area of Singapore is our new MindChamps Chinese PreSchool @ Thomson.
Spanning a generous 10,000 sq ft of space, the centre occupies the entire “penthouse” level of SLF Podium, which is the annexe block beside MSF Building.
It is conveniently located on the fringe of Toa Payoh West, which is 5 minutes away from HDB Hub. The centre is also next to Caldecott MRT station on the Circle line and the upcoming Thomson Line, slated to open in 2019.
Among our facilities:
- A 1,500 sq ft indoor gym equivalent to the size of a 5-room apartment
- A dedicated gourmet area for aspiring junior master chefs-to-be
- A unique Chinese cultural appreciation corner for champs to be acquainted with various types of Chinese cultural and art activities
- Ample outdoor space for the children to engage in their daily dose of “sunshine” activities
- 10 individual classrooms which allow for more conducive learning
The Love for the Chinese Language Made Easy
Given that English is the main language of communication in most Singaporean homes, the Chinese language inevitably becomes a language that most local kids distance themselves from.
It is not an easy language to master and many primary school students struggle with it during their upper primary years. It is common to hear of parents moving their children from one tuition centre to another.
In retrospect, it is the lack of exposure to the language from a young age that is the main reason many of our children struggle in the Chinese language, and why many of our children will tell you “I hate Chinese”.
A child spends a good 9 to 10 hours in his/her preschool every day. By creating an environment where our children are immersed from a young age – 18 months onwards in a primarily Chinese-speaking environment, this will equip them to:
- Understand spoken Mandarin
- Converse with others in Mandarin
- Recognise the Chinese characters and understand their meaning
A strong foundation should start from a very young age to achieve a maximum and lasting results.
A Dedicated Team of Champion Teachers
Set up by the same leaders from MindChamps @ JTC Summit and most importantly, mothers whose been through the preschool years with their children as well as seeing the transition of their children to primary school, we fully understand the varying parental concerns at different stages of their child’s life and their learning journey.
Our team of very passionate and experienced teachers always strive to go above and beyond for our champs’ physical, social and intellectual wellbeing.
Come visit our centre at MindChamps Chinese PreSchool @ Thomson and meet our team for a friendly chat!